TWENTY POINTS EARNED
1. A team with all of its registered members present at the scheduled time for quizzing will receive 20 bonus points.
2. Each correct answer is worth 20 points.
3. All toss-up questions are worth 20 points.
4. If, in the first 15 questions, two teams error on consecutive questions, a 20-point bonus question will be awarded to the third team on the next numbered question.
5. If question 15 is erred, question 16 becomes a toss-up for the other two teams. If both questions 15 and 16 are erred, 16A becomes a 20-point bonus.
6. If question 15 is answered correctly and 16 is erred, 16A becomes a toss-up and 16B will be a 20-point bonus.
7. When a quizzer errs on the tie-breaker question, it will be treated as a regular question and the quiz will continue as normal.
TEN POINTS EARNED
1. When the third, fourth, or fifth quizzer on the same team jumps and correctly answers a question in the same quiz, a 10-point team bonus is awarded.
2. When three teams are competing, all bonus questions numbered 17 through the end of the quiz are worth 10 points. These will always be on the “B” questions.
TEN POINT DEDUCTIONS
1. Beginning on question 17, 10 points will be deducted for each team error.
2. Two errors made by the same quizzer will be a 10-point team and individual deduction.
3. The third team error and each subsequent error will constitute a deduction of 10 points from the team score.
4. For every three team fouls, 10 points will be deducted from the team score.
5. Ten points are deducted for a team’s second overruled challenge and each subsequent overruled challenge.
6. Never will more than 10 points be deducted from the team score for a single infraction (error, foul, or overruled challenge).
7. If, in the judgment of the officials, a deliberate attempt is made to forfeit a question, an error will be charged and 10 points deducted from the team score. The next question will be numbered the same.
TIE SCORE—In the case of a tie score, quizzing will continue with sets of three
additional questions until the tie is broken. Scoring will continue as above.
TEAM PLACEMENT POINTS
Team placement points for determining positions shall be awarded as follows:
1. First Place: 10 points, plus 1 point for each 10 points over 100.
2. Second Place: 5 points, plus 1 point for each 10 points over 60.
3. Third Place: 1 point, plus 1 point for each 10 points over 30.
4. In case of a tie, points are awarded according to the team score at the end of question 20.
1. Each correct answer is worth 20 points.
2. All toss-up questions are worth 20 points.
3. Four correct answers by a quizzer, without error, earns a 10-point individual bonus.
4. No individual points are added for bonus questions answered.
5. No individual points are added for questions answered during overtime
1. When a quizzer makes a second error within a quiz 10 points are deducted from his individual score. (Note: possibly also from the team score.) An additional 10 points are deducted for his third error.
2. Three individual fouls will result in a 10 point individual deduction.
3. Individual points are not deducted when a quizzer makes an error during error point deductions (questions 17-20) unless it is his second or third individual error.
4. No individual points are deducted for errors on bonus questions.
5. No individual points are deducted for questions error on during overtime.